priyanka- lueur

"the only real change comes from inside." -Jermaine Cole

About Me

Hi! My name is Priyanka and I am probably going to be one of the most out-there people you will know. I love to make an entrance that everyone will remember. Whether that means making a bold statement with my clothes, makeup, jewelry, or even with my Rapunzel-like hair. That’s me. always wanting to shine. Always wanting the center of attention but only when I am craving it. Ever since I was young girl, I always loved receiving compliments from others and being recognized for all the effort I put into creating my outfits. But seriously, you can even ask my friends when I say I love getting attention, especially on the days where I look like a masterpiece. I promise you, I am not this self-absorbed, I just look REALLY good sometimes!

Just like the Greek Goddess, Aphrodite, I too really resonate with aspects of beauty and love. Not only to the romantic side of love and physical aspect of beauty, but I find myself constantly seeking the love and beauty within people. Whenever a stranger decides to enter my life, one of my first instincts is to see the potential they have and the beauty they present before me. That beauty can be symbolized through the person’s passions, ambition, intelligence, or loyalty. Whatever it is, I love to capture it so I can keep exploring this glowing beauty as I continue to get to know the person. As for love, I always find ways to venture into someone’s life to see if they are in need of love or any kind of nurturing. I tend to give my love towards the people that seem to be hurting the most or just need a little affection shown their way.

I am a very caring person. And that always shines through to me peers. I can never see someone distressed without helping them in ever possible way I can. I love caring for the people around me whether that means helping them cooperate with their personal adversities in life or any academic issues they are trying to confront. No matter what the situation is, I am always there for people that need my advice and guidance. Brightening someone’s day just by listening to them or assisting them through their hardships, is one of the best feelings ever. I have friends that call me as soon as they’re having a breakdown because they know they can receive that reassuring feeling that everything will be fine. The fact that I can be someone’s go-to support system, goes to show how much of an significant impact I could have on someone’s life just by being by their side.

However, sometimes that caring person that is instilled, can be taken advantaged of.  I used to invest so much of my time and energy in people that were not worth it. Unfortunately, it takes me awhile to see if a person doesn’t acknowledge my worth, since I like to see the good in people. Usually when this happens, my first instinct is that there must have been something that had done to make the person neglect me this way. After many years, after learning the same lessons repeatedly I finally realized my worth.

Just like a tree, I’m gradually in the process of growing into something sturdy and beautiful without the need of others. This year, my goal is to continue to explore and cherish all the aspects of my unique personality and to not be hesitant when it comes to allowing myself grow and thrive.

7 Comments

1. zainab310 October 7, 2017

Dear Priyanka,
    I loved your about me in so many different ways. The main one being how authentic it was and how it really reflected you true personality. You touch on so many topics in your writing piece that it really allows whoever is reading it to understand you on a deeper level. Your addition of humour really captures your essence.
    One thing that you could work on is brining some more personal examples into your about me to make it even more authentic and true to the heart. Nonetheless, this was one of my favourite about me’s and I loved it!
    Zainab

• priyanka October 26, 2017 — Post Author

Hey Zainab,
      I will definitely think about adding more examples in my future blogs that are about myself. Thank you so much! 🙂

Thank you so much and I will add more examples

2. meghnas October 8, 2017

Dear Priyanka,
    Knowing outside of school I can definitely say that your about me is a perfect representation of you, especially your first paragraph. I read this and each paragraph allows me to capture you in a different aspect impeccably.While reading this I felt like I was sitting down and talking to you because this is so genuine and who you are.I love the way you talked about yourself as a growing tree the essence of that is so so beautiful.
    The one thing that I would suggest that you could add to this that would make it more wonderful, would be more examples of her personal life to make it a little bit more intimate. But all in all, i loved it.

XOXO,

meghna

Thank you and I will definitely add more examples to make this more intimate.

3. kiranp28 October 10, 2017

Dear Pranks Minhas,

There are many things that I loved from your about me but the one idea that I loved the most was how you compared yourself to Aphrodite. You explored so many ignored aspects of Aphrodite, such as how she looks for the good in people, that It really made me understand you as a person even more. See I’m saying ignored aspects because when people think of Aphrodite all they think about is her looks and by you having to consider other parts of her personality and how they resonate with you, really shows others – who don’t know you as well – how you really believe in beauty over substance. Also the metaphor of how you see yourself as a tree really shows how deep rooted you are in your values and beliefs you share and uphold.

One suggestion I have for you is to include more metaphors in addition to the tree and Aphrodite, since that really helps me and other readers get to know more about you; and plus you use these metaphor in such a great way! Also the structure of your about me is just throwing me off a little since you go from one idea to another so quickly – not that I don’t like reading more of who you are as friend/ person – but it’s just takes away the flow of reading it smoothly.

Overall really great job Priyanka 🙂

Sincerely,
    Kiran.

Thank you so much and I will consider adding more metaphors in the future